Mixer, Sound Designer, Composer
Tue, Jun 09|
Home Studio Primer
The $25 fee is being waves in favor of tips. What makes a home studio? We'll cover mics, gear, booths, and connectivity (Source Connect). There is no set plan to run it- but am posting here to gauge interest, as a number of people have reached out and asked.
Time & Location
Jun 09, 2020, 9:00 PM – 10:30 PM EDT
About the Event
I have opted to make this even free, with the option to tip. You'll need to be a member of the website (joiining is free) to participate.
We'll cover the following topics in a presentation followed by a generous Q&A session:
• Acoustics: why the space matters more than your mic.
• Microphones and interfaces: It's time to put away your cheap USB mic. We'll explore affordable alternatives to the mics commonly used in big studios.
• DAW: We'll briefly discuss the options that are out there so you can determine what's best for your needs.
• Fixing recording problems.
• Connectivity: Source Connect Standard vs. Pro. vs. Now vs. IPDTL. We'll get to the bottom of it.
... and as always, generous time spent on Q&A afterwards.